Electric Vehicle Charging Installation: Montgomery County, PA Electrician
Whether you own a Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt, BMW i3…or any other electric vehicle, KB Electric LLC is your go-to electric vehicle charging installation electrician. We are based in Montgomery County, PA, and serve the following counties as well: Philadelphia, Chester, Bucks, Berks, and Delaware Counties.
KB Electric LLC has a lot of experience with installing many different home electric vehicle (EV) charging stations for many different EVs. We are licensed and insured, and take pride in our quality service. We go above and beyond to treat our customers just like family because we are family-owned and operated, knowing very well the meaning of respect and courtesy.
Electric Vehicle Charging Installation: What’s Involved?
It’s not as easy as plugging your car into a regular old outlet to juice it up. Sure, that EV you just bought came with a cord so you can plug it into a 120V outlet, but it takes FOREVER to charge your vehicle this way. Our licensed electricians can help you install EV charging stations that allow you to fully charge your electric vehicle up to three to five times faster than what your EV comes with. Here’s a little breakdown of the different charger levels for EVs:
Charger Levels For Electric Vehicles
- Level 1 EV Charger
- Uses your standard 3-prong 120v household outlet (included with the electric vehicle)
- 36 hours to fully charge the battery (see our EV Charging Stations: Why Upgrading Your Home Electric Vehicle Charger Is Best blog.)
- Level 2 EV Charger
- Uses a 240v outlet, same as your clothing dryer (that isn’t hardwired)
- 6.5 hours to fully charge the battery using the ClipperCreek LEVEL 2 HCS-40PR EV charging station (just one example of a popular EV charger brand)
- For most brands of EVs, typically 3 to 5 times faster to fully charge the battery than a level 1 EV charger (120v outlet)
- Level 3 EV Charger (aka DC Fast Charger, Tesla’s Supercharger)
- Uses a 480 volt 3-Phase AC input (Blink brand DC Fast Charger)
- Very expensive unit, and because of this, not really a home option. An on-the-go option, similar to a gas station to “fill up”/recharge
- A little over an hour to fully charge the battery, 30 minutes to charge 50% of the battery (using Tesla and Tesla’s Supercharger)
Installation Of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Installation done by a licensed electrician for your basic level 2 home EV charger will vary, depending on the setup of your home. A licensed electrician like one from KB Electric LLC will do a walk-through of the project, and will explain in detail what all will need to be done for the installation before they start. This is one example of what we have done in the past for our customers:
- Installation of a dedicated line for the charging station
- Installation of EV charging station
- ONLY IF NEEDED: If there isn’t enough space in your existing main electric panel for a dedicated line, the installation of a sub panel may be needed, or a main panel upgrade (if your existing panel is “maxed out”)
Hire KB Electric LLC For Home Electric Vehicle Charging Installation
Anything and everything electrical should be handled by a professional. That said, a licensed electrician should install your home EV charging station to ensure safety and compliance with NEC standards. At KB Electric LLC, we know that everyone’s set up can be different. We walkthrough each project with that in mind, and give you the most accurate, affordable option available for precise installation.
Save time and upgrade your EV charging station for a faster charge and convenience. Call KB Electric LLC for professional home electric vehicle charging installation, and quality care. (267) 467-3178