It’s time to meet marketing coordinator, Melanie B. with some Q&A! Let’s get to know the woman behind the social media, web design, SEO, blogs, and client relations of KB Electric LLC!
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Conshohocken, Pa and King of Prussia, Pa.
2. Did you always aspire to be a marketing coordinator? If not, what else did you want to be after graduating high school?
I always wanted to be a teacher growing up, but then my passion for that changed. I didn’t know what I wanted to be after that.
3. What is the best part of working as a marketing coordinator?
Seeing the fruits of my labor at work! I self taught myself a lot of things with SEO (search engine optimization) and website design. “Googling” keywords like ‘pool electrician’ and seeing KB Electric show up on the first page of results always excites me 🙂
4. Who is the biggest influence in your life?
My husband. Without him, who’s to say if God would have revealed Himself to me through him? My husband is a big motivator in my life and pushes me to do things out of my comfort zone.
5. What is your favorite thing to do outside of work?
Camping, kayaking, beaching, reading, and being with my family.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
Shrimp scampi …hands down.
7. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
This one is hard. Let me explain: I would want to meet my deceased pop-pop Ben and mom-mom Ruth to share with them who Jesus is so they could be with me in heaven one day.
“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”
John 14:6 NLT
My pop-pop and mom-mom grew up “Jewish” with no sense of believing in God and fostering a relationship with him. I would hope God has another plan for his chosen people who haven’t come to know Christ…but maybe then I would want to meet Jesus to discuss this with Him, among many other things! So as you can see for me, it’s hard to pick just one person to meet dead or alive.
8. If you had to choose another career path in life besides marketing right now, what would you do?
It gives me such joy to help others in need. I would probably do something along those lines…either create my own different type of homeless shelter or food kitchens that are mobile ….maybe even take up cooking in the process.
9. Favorite tv show and/or movie?
Parenthood is my all time favorite tv show even though it’s no longer on air.
Movie: 10 Things I Hate About You…brings me back to my middle school and high school years.
10. Favorite color?
Purple…the deep royal one.
11. If you were chosen to be a guest speaker at a school, what advice would you give the students?
Learn hands on in the field for whatever career path you take. Don’t rely solely on the college curriculum. Most of it takes you no where (like calculus, unless you want to become a math guru). Shadow someone, take part in what they are doing to learn it, and most importantly, if your ways align with God, don’t give up. If you were meant to do what you are going to do, God will tell you…follow his lead, not your own.
12. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Anywhere in Europe…haven’t been there yet.
13. How many states have you visited? Any other countries?
9 states. Only country ever visited was Aruba.
14. If you were President of the United States, what is something you are very passionate about that you would improve or change in our country?
Our healthcare system is a disgrace …for small businesses especially. Definitely would do my best to change it so everyone had free healthcare and free prescriptions deemed “needed to stay alive”. I would also put God in every aspect of government decision-making. I would also take away school taxes for those who don’t put their children in public school or don’t have children in public school anymore, etc. …seems silly otherwise to make people pay it when they aren’t utilizing it.