Q & A: Meet Your Electrician, Darren S. – KB Electric LLC
It’s time to meet one of the electricians at KB Electric LLC with some Q&A! Let’s get to know Darren S. a little better…
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the suburbs of Souderton Pennsylvania.
2. Did you always aspire to be an electrician? If not, what else did you want to be after graduating high school?
I originally wanted to be an archeologist. I had a lot of interest in digging up old artifacts and uprooting a lot of ancient myths or bible stories by finding proof that bible stories were real. I, to this day, want to scuba dive the Red Sea and find chariots, weapons, etc.. from the Egyptians getting demolished by the crashing wave from the Moses story. I chose to be an electrician because electrical work is a great thing to know for the future when I choose to buy a house and it’s something that I enjoy.
3. What is the best part of working as an electrician?
Getting the privilege to work with the best brother in law, Sean Busby 😉
4. Who is the biggest influence in your life?
Jesus, hands down, no one else even close.
5. What is your favorite thing to do outside of work?
I really enjoy dirt biking and disc golf. I haven’t disc golfed lately but just getting outside in creation is very peaceful and an awesome time.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
I pretty much like all food. Anything edible besides fish.
7. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
Probably Jesus. It’s one thing to learn more about Him through the Bible but to meet Him in person in physical form would be pretty crazy.
8. What brand of tools do you use on the job?
Definitely Milwaukee. I used Makita in the past but Milwaukee just feels a lot more comfortable in my hand and I am happy with its performance.
9. If you had to choose another career path in life besides electrical work right now, what would you do?
I would probably choose to be an archeologist.
10. Favorite tv show and/or movie?
Tv Show- the office
Movie- Fast and Furious Series
11. Favorite color?
The majestic color of Blue.
12. If you were chosen to be a guest speaker at an electrical school or vocational school, what advice would you give the students?
Definitely listen to your Forman and learn as much as you can from him. There is always more to learn. Especially if you think you know it all, trust me… you don’t!
13. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would want to go to the Himalayan mountains in Nepal.
14. How many states have you visited? Any other countries?
I have visited about 10 of the different states. Outside of this country, I have been to most of Europe. One of my favorite trips was to Alaska.
15. If you were President of the United States, what is something you are very passionate about that you would improve or change in our country?
I would have Congress meetings that were fully focused on getting alone with God and seeking His advice on how to lead the country.