Ring Floodlight Installation | Why To Hire A Licensed Electrician
You may have heard about Ring doorbells, the hottest video doorbell brand on the market. If you haven’t heard of Ring, you can learn more about the company from one of our past blogs here. Ring has a plethora of home security products under their belt including doorbells, security lighting, security systems, smoke alarms, and many more. Today, we are going to highlight the Ring Floodlight Cam, and who to call for professional Ring floodlight installation.
What Is A Ring Floodlight?
A Ring Floodlight Cam is a smart floodlight complete with a security camera and motion detection with LED illumination. The Ring Floodlight Cam integrates with all of the other Ring products such as the Ring Video Doorbells.
Ring Floodlight Cam Options
This smart floodlight comes in two wiring options:
- Ring Floodlight Cam Wired
- Ring Floodlight Cam Plug-In
The Wired version uses the hardwired installation method that requires a junction box wired and fed to a circuit in your electrical panel. It is highly recommended to hire a licensed and insured electrician for installation for the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired.
The Plug-In version comes with a cord to plug in yourself into an outside standard 120V outlet.
Ring Floodlight Cam Features
Both the Wired and Plug-In floodlights come in two versions:
- Ring Floodlight Cam Wired or Plug-In Pro
- Ring Floodlight Cam Wired or Plug-In Plus
Ring Floodlight Cam Wired/Plug-In Pro
- App for iOS devices and Android devices
- Live video
- Two-way talking capabilities
- Motion detection
- Motion zone and privacy customization
Ring Floodlight Cam Wired/Plug-In Plus
All features for the Pro version in addition to:
- 3D Motion Detection
- Bird’s Eye View
- Enhancement audio options
To learn more about the Ring Floodlight Cam products and features listed above, visit their website here.
Why To Call A Licensed Electrician For Ring Floodlight Installation
If you are in the market for the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired version, it’s important to hire a licensed and insured electrician for safe and proper installation. A licensed and insured electrician:
- Has the hands-on field experience of wiring all different types of floodlights.
- Knows how to properly wire all things electrical.
- Knows the most up-to-date NEC (National Electrical Code) for your city/township’s coding requirements.
- Has the proper tools on hand for efficient installation.
Call KB Electric LLC for your Ring floodlight installation! We are licensed and insured electricians serving all of Montgomery County, PA and the following Southeastern, PA counties: Berks, Bucks, Delaware, and Chester counties.