Sloped Ceiling Recessed Lighting: Hire A Licensed Electrician
Recessed lighting is a popular lighting concept for many homes. It is very appealing due to its adaptability, functionality, and energy efficiency. You can read more about recessed lighting advantages in this blog. One of the many examples of adaptability for recessed lights is how they can be installed in homes that have sloped ceilings. Let’s explore how sloped ceiling recessed lighting is a great lighting option for sloped ceilings, how they work, and why installation should be done by a professional.
What Are Sloped Ceiling Recessed Lights?
For starters, sloped ceiling recessed lighting is exactly how it sounds; recessed light fixtures that are made for sloped ceilings. Your basic recessed light is made up of a housing/can, a mounting frame and bar, and a recessed lighting trim. The main difference between a regular recessed light fixture and a sloped ceiling recessed light fixture is that the sloped ceiling fixture housing/can is longer on one side (see the picture below).
How Does Sloped Ceiling Recessed Lighting Work?
The reason why the sloped ceiling recessed can has one side longer is obviously to accommodate for the slope in the ceiling so that the light shines straight down. This is why sloped ceiling recessed lighting makes the perfect lighting option for vaulted or cathedral ceilings, A-frame beach houses, or even an angled ceiling in an attic.
Why Sloped Ceiling Recessed Lighting For My Home?
- Clean look without the clutter
- Adjustable to accommodate for the pitch of the ceiling
- Illuminates areas that are difficult to light up with traditional light fixtures that may not be able to hang correctly because of slanted ceilings
- Distributes light evenly in a room/area with sloped ceilings
- Comes in many types to work with new construction, old construction, insulation, etc.
- Easy to integrate dimmers and LED bulbs for energy efficiency
Hire A Licensed Electrician For Sloped Ceiling Recessed Lighting
- We are licensed and insured for safety and compliance
- We know which type of sloped ceiling recessed housing is best for your particularly setup
- We can figure out how best to lay them out so to obtain optimal lighting efficiency
- We have the proper tools on hand to achieve a near perfect installation (because as you know, there is no such thing as “perfect”)
- We have the knowledge of NEC code for proper wiring of all lighting fixtures
- We have the hands-on experience of installing recessed lighting
To learn more about recessed lighting, visit this blog here.