Thanksgiving Trivia Questions: Ask the Electricians
Thanksgiving is already next week, and we are just as shocked as you are that the year 2019 is shortly coming to a close. In honor of the great holiday of giving thanks and eating until your stomach bursts, we decided to ask the electricians at KB Electric LLC some questions about Thanksgiving. Who will get the most answers correct for a chance to win an amazing price?
Let’s meet the contestants…
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions
1. What year was the celebration that is most commonly considered to be the first Thanksgiving?
Sean- Between 1492 when Columbus sailed the ocean blue and 1776 when America was born, I’ll say 1620-1621
Correct Answer: 1621
2. How long did the first Thanksgiving celebration last?
Brian- A fortnight!
Darren- 10 days
Keith- 3 days
Jake- 3 days
Sean- 3 days
Correct Answer: 3 days
3. Under which president did Thanksgiving become an annual holiday?
Brian- Hmmm, Ulysses S Grant.
Jake- Abraham Lincoln
Sean- Abraham Lincoln
Correct Answer: Abraham Lincoln
4. In what decade did both the Macy’s Day Parade and America’s Thanksgiving Parade start?
Darren- 14th century
Correct Answer: 1920’s
5. How do both Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and America’s Thanksgiving Parade conclude?
Brian- The President officially turns on the White House Christmas lights.
Darren- It concludes with people giving thanks 😉
Keith- Breaking bread
Jake- song and dance
Sean- light the turkey on fire and dance around chanting
Correct Answer: With the arrival of Santa Claus
6. What are turkey chicks called?
Keith- Yim Yams
Jake- A boy is called a JAKE and a girl is called a JENNY.
Correct Answer: Pults or turkeylings
7. What is the wobbly red piece of flesh on top of the beak of a turkey?
Brian- The Gobbler
Correct Answer: Snood
8. What are most turkey feathers used for after the turkey is plucked?
Keith- Tooth picks
Jake- Used for arrows, stuff pillows, old ceremonial clothing, bedding.
Correct Answer: Animal feed
9. What meat did the native Americans bring to the first Thanksgiving?
Jake- Fish, seafood, shellfish, any meat that they hunted for like (deer, rabbit, turkey, pheasant, ect.) and corn.
Sean- Deer and other stuff. Lots of stuff, but not Turkey
Correct Answer: Deer (venison)
10. What food was present at the first Thanksgiving but is rarely eaten at Thanksgiving now?
Jake- Fish, seafood, shellfish
Sean- Deer or ham
Correct Answer: Seafood
11. Thanksgiving in the USA is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, but when is Canada’s Thanksgiving?
Keith- Who cares
Jake- Second Monday in October
Sean- First Thursday of October
Correct Answer: Second Monday of October
12. Which two football teams took part in the first ever NFL Thanksgiving Day game in 1934?
Brian- Redskins and Cowboys
Darren- Eagles and Patriots
Jake- Bears and Packers
Sean- The Lions and Green Bay
Correct Answer: Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears
13. Which Native American tribe took part in the first Thanksgiving feast?
Brian- The Iroquois
Jake- Wampanoag Indians
Correct Answer: The Wampanoag
14. What was the name of the ship that transported the first Pilgrims to America in 1620?
Brian- The June Rose. I mean, the Mayflower!!
Keith- Santa Maria
Sean- Mayflower, and I’m guessing the first thanksgiving would be around this year. So I’m changing my first answer. I said 1630 at first.
Correct Answer: The Mayflower
THE WINNER IS JAKE DURFLINGER!!! CONGRATS!!!